AS/PC Complete – optimized for faster statement processing.
We’ve also added the ability to copy over insurance information from a selected patient case to a new case.
Because of the optimization work, you will notice that running the program
the first time after updating will take a while to launch.
This is because important and extensive database updates are being done.
We appreciate your patience with this important task.
We have given instructions or pictures for most recent changes. If you have questions about other items, please give our Technical Support team a call at 610-820-0440 – Option 1 or open at ticket at dbconsultants.com.
3.0.447 – 3/28/2016
- Want to copy over insurance information from a current patient case to a new one? Here’s how to do it:
- First, activate this new feature from Tasks/Options/ General:
- Next, open the patient case that you want to copy the insurance information FROM. For example, if a patient has 3 cases, and you want a new patient case to contain the insurance information from Case 2, please be sure to open that case before creating a new patient case.
- Next, go to File/New/Patient Case. If the patient has insurance and you have the feature activated, you will be greeted with a screen containing the patient insurance information that looks like this. Select the carrier information that you wish to duplicate by checking the carrier box as shown here and then click “Confirm”.
- If you do NOT want to copy over the carrier information, then don’t check any carrier box, but still click “Confirm”.
- And if you’ve changed your mind and don’t want to create a new patient case at all, then click the “Abort” button.
- Faster statement processing: We optimized database retrieval method for faster data pulls.
(93% performance increase in test case). This is why your one-time update of the data files may have taken longer than on past updates.
- Batch Statements: Fixed issue with progress bar not filling up.
- The Case DOCTOR and Type code entry fields now permit typing directly into the fields instead of limiting users to rely on the “pick list”.
- New Seconday Claims options have been added. If the patient has a secondary carrier, then a user may elect to activate a new function. While this new feature will save users a considerable amount of time, we prefer to direct customers individually so that their selections can be accurately set. Please contact DB Consultants’ technical support team for further information .
- Insurance Type: Added Insurance type field to Insurance Company Lookups and Lists-> Insurance Company List. Insurance type is for user defined sort, filtering or grouping. It will be stored in the posting database with each transaction. Some providers use case types for different types of patients including Chiropractic, PT, or others. Previously, there was no way to use case types for A/R or Outstanding claims filtering.
- Aging Report: Expand All/Collapse All button added for expanding/collapsing groups on both grid and report.
- List Appointments/List Future Appointments: Added a checkbox to show appointments from all cases when editing an appointment for a specific case. (Retains last setting used/User Specific)
- New Patient Case: Previously, when creating a new case for an already existing patient, the account number display would revert to showing the next available ID from the patient table until the new case was saved, rather than displaying the current patient’s ID or ChartNumber (depending on the selection of Show ID for Chart Number in the User Options). It now displays this information upon the creation of the new patient case.
- Batch Statements: Updated processing to acknowledge the Minimum Balance for individual cases when selecting: All Cases.
- Statements (Conversion accounts): Updated statements to recognize standalone payments that have an invoice number/transaction number, but no service line to attach to.
- Patient File->Patient Search (center of screen text box)/Main window->Patient Search (top right corner text box): You can now get more precise search entries by entering the patient Last comma first (i.e. Smith, James).
- Postings (Payment transactions): Added extra column (Payer Ins Type) on payment grid and on Posting table (new column: InsType) that will contain if the payer is primary/secondary/tertiary. (used to determine payer if Primary and Secondary Insurance are the same, ex: Highmark BC/BS)
- Statement Wizard: Added checkbox to show/hide transactions from the statement that are saved to be used for secondary claims processing only (excluded transactions). Available only if switch “Activate Secondary Claims Data Entry” is checked in User Options. Defaults to checked.
- Prior versions of AS/PC did not error check user entry if there were two different carriers both identified as Primary carriers; or both identified as Secondary carriers, etc. This can cause problems with insured data being associated with the incorrect carrier (guarantor info, policy/claim numbers, etc.). We have added 2 facilities which enable the user to identify which patients this may effect and to correct the duplicate insurance type (primary/secondary, etc.)
- For individual Patient File (PatientCase) Loading: We have added a popup window to display WHEN OPENING A PATIENT FILE/CASE IF duplicated multiple carriers are detected for the same insurance type. The user can now edit/modify and fix their insured records before the file is loaded. This will only display if there ARE duplicates and ONLY display the duplicated records. This tool contains the same interface as the Insured tab on the Patient File.
- Added SuperUser Function (Duplication Issues->Find Duplicated Insured Records (v432): To present a list of accounts detected to have duplicated insured records. (Double-click on a row will open the patient record in the PM.)
- Patient File -> Deleting Insured: Added warning message that the insured will be deleted. (Before would just delete as soon as the user would click delete)
- Insurance Billing: Updated grid for Case Types to have a drop down list of case types.
- Daysheet: Added Facility field to the daysheet (grid and filter).
- Doctor Lookup: Added Facility field.
- Lists->Doctor->Edit Doctor: Added Clinic field, Facility Field.
- Charge Entry: Added filling the Facility Code information from the charge entry doctor.
- Fee Lookup: Updated Fee Lookup search red ‘X’ cancel button to reload the entire fee code list after pressed.
- Charge Import: Updated import processing to exclude users from determining the user that should import that have been locked out of the system for more than 30 seconds.
- SuperUser: Added function in Conversion Issues to allow loading from Legacy SPCode when H appears in the SPCode.
- Batch Statements: Added checkbox on Cases tab to exclude a case from Batch Statement runs.
- AutoPay Setup: Reinstated option for allowing patient payments to be made in advance to a service and still have autopay post what is in the file.
- Scheduler->No Shows: Updated No Show list to include appointments with Status Code NOSHOW as well as any status codes that have group field set to NOSHOW.
- Payment Entry: Updated entry box formatting for the numerical values to allow negative sign rather than parentheses for negative values.
- Office Stats Report: Added Case Type name to Office Stats Report.
- Legacy AS/PC statements: Updated statements to include transactions with an Invoice Number, but no transaction number.
- My File/My Designer: In My Designer, set delete functions to be disabled when in Read-Only Mode.
3.0.426 – 2/3/2016
- HCFA Claims: Added checkbox on Processing Insurance Claims window to allow the word “RESUBMISS” to appear in Box 31.
- Build Schedule->Avoid Overlaps: Updated processing to move forward by the interval of the scheduler until open slot found, only on dates found that have an already scheduled appointment.
- Batch Statements->Export to PDF: Fixed so batch statements can be exported as a PDF file.
- Batch Statements->Export to Excel: Fixed so batch statements can be exported as an Excel file. (For Trizetto)
- Build Schedule->Avoid Overlaps: Fixed loading of interval minute values.
- Office Stats: Change MONTH TO DATE header to DATE RANGE TOTAL.
- User Options ->Calendar: Added button for the Appointment Reminder card setup that will allow margin settings and selection of a printer name that will be remembered.
- Appointment Card format: Updated design to ensure printing fits in 2 by 3.5 in. paper.
- Aging Report: Set all methods to Landscape printing.
- Audit Log: Updated deletion of charges and payments to have more meaning messages in Audit Log table.
- Batch Statements: Fixed processing so that duplicates are not printed when “All Case Types” is selected. Was printing out a statement copy for each case that the patient has (with all cases included on each).
- Aging Report: Updated Aging Report Line Aging (FIFO on Unassigned) to display the Unassigned column, not the amount of unassigned transactions after they have been applied.
- AutoPay: Moved error handling messages added yesterday to be reported outside of the background thread to avoid thread clashes.
- Aging Report: Fixed issue with more AS/PC legacy transactions not being included in the totals.
- Aging Report: Added Line Item Aging (FIFO on unassigned) method, which will perform the line item aging method, then perform a FIFO aging method on any remaining unassigned transactions.
- Aging Report: Updated FIFO method to subtract any remaining credit balance from the current column.
- Aging Report: Rewrote Aging Report Algorithm. Original was not considering some legacy AS/PC transactions.
3.0.418 – 1/15/2016
- Mailing Label Printing: Fixed issue with Mailing Labels not printing.
- Posting/Payments Grids: Reset posting/payments grid customizations on each load.
- Clinic loading: Added Clinic database table column integrity checks on clinic loading.
3.0.412 – 1/6/2016
- AutoPay: Updated Segment terminator to be retrieved from the 835 file.
- 5010 Part B Claims: Fixed missing HI segment.
- AutoPay: Updated parsing algorithm to skip claims that have provider level adjustments with appropriate skipping message.
- Patient File Lock: Fixed patient file lock not releasing.
3.0.411 – 1/6/2016
- Added data checking while batching paper claims.
3.0.410 – 1/5/2016
- Daysheet By CPT: Added header line on printed report to show Filter information.
- Charge/Payment entry: When editing an existing charge or payment and user closes the window, now prompts if the user would like to save the edit before closing.
3.0.409 – 1/5/2016
- Daysheet By CPT: Updated filter user interface automatically resize the grid when filters are added/removed.
3.0.408 – 1/5/2016
- Daysheet By CPT: Added Doctor ID and Clinic ID columns to Daysheet By CPT report click to read.
- Charge Entry: Added drop down selection for days or units entry.
- Fee Lookup: Added “Type of Units” to Fee Lookup and Edit Fee Window.