Secure Email for Meaningful Use by DB Consultants for Chiropractors
If you want to set up secure email thru EMR Direct, please know that you have until tomorrow – Wednesday, December 16 to get the forms notarized and into overnight mail to EMR Direct if you want to get your account set up before the end of the year.
The drop dead date for EMR Direct to receive the forms is actually Monday, bUT if there are any discrepancies between the info that your office provides and what’s on record with NPPES then they are will not approve in time.
The cost for EMR Direct is a one-time setup fee of $200 and an annual cost of $175 for a total first time payment of $375. The process works as follows:
• Customer asks about secure email.
• DBC sends them a welcome letter and invoice for $375.
• Customer pays the bill.
• DBC sends you a second welcome letter with instructions and 3 forms to complete. ONE OF THEM NEEDS TO BE NOTARIZED!
• You fax all three forms back to DBC.
• You must also send 2 of the forms to EMR Direct. At this point, you should send via overnight service go to website.
• EMR Direct alerts DBC that they have received the application and/or problems with the application.
• DBC provisions the account by entering your, customer-specific info to EMR Direct system.
• EMR Direct sends a fax to you, the customer, with a verification code.
• You provide DBC with the verification code.
• DBC enters the verification code into EMR Direct system.
• EMR Direct sends a text to the customer with a recovery code which you will then provide to DBC.
• DBC will further instruct you to enter this to create a password for their secure email account.
• CQC needs to be upgraded on the customer system since Havenridge Consulting just released the EMR Direct compatible version on Friday, December 11.